Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Spark

Stay with me internet, I'm about to get sentimental. I was thinking the other day what is it exactly that brought me to photography, and what specifically drew me to portraiture. I have always been fascinated by faces. As a child I was constantly drawing faces and eyes..especially eyes. I still remember sitting with my mother as a young child and she showed me how to draw a 3 dimensional face. From that day on I was hooked..with features, how shadows and light hit a persons face, the reflection in the eyes. And then it hit me what it was...its that spark. Everyone has one. You can see it in your eyes. Each spark is different and unique. Some burn bright and strong. They light up easily in from of a camera and shine. Others are a little dimmer for whatever reason or another, and they just need nurtured a little to bring it out. A child's spark is brilliant, close to the surface, easily given. But my absolute favorite are the ones who have no idea they have a spark at all, but when it shines, it shines brighter and more beautiful than all the others. Thats is what I seek, in each and every one of you and will continue to seek. I could never quite get it with my pencil or paintbrush, but for some reason, with a camera it's different.

So I have to admit, I was so nervous about the site change and fretted for a very long time about, but I need to thank you. The outpouring of love and congrats I have received has been amazing and I am so lucky to have such wonderful and amazing friends and clients. I will continue to do my very best at capturing all your special memories for you, thank you for allowing me to be a part of your lives :)

And I can't post a little note without pictures of course, so I am including some new shots of little "B" and "E" They are a riot <3


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home