Monday, December 29, 2008

The end of another year




There's only 3 (well 2ish) more days left of 2008. I don't think it's only me that feels as though this year has flown by. I have always heard that time goes faster the older you get, but I don't think I was quite prepared for the blur,LOL. I had a great first year in the studio, and I am so grateful for all of my wonderful family, friends, and clients. I met so many great new friends this year too. People I never would have met had I not took the leap and opened the studio. I hope that everyone had a great holiday!

We had a whirlwind Christmas for sure. I was so super busy right up until the big day, but once the big day came, I was able to sit back and relax a bit for a day or two. WHEW! The boys and I are moving, yay! So amongst all the madness of wrapping up the holiday season(the busiest I have ever had! thank you thank you thank you!!) we have been packing. Who thought moving in the middle of the holidays was a good idea?? me?? I must be nuts. I have the greatest mother in the world. She has been such an awesome help. I would not have made it through the season had it not been for her help. Anyway, because of all the moving nonsense, it was a teeny bit harder to get into the holiday spirit. We sadly didnt even put up our tree ( see above for my pathetic solution to the problem) But the kids were okay with it, Christmas came anyway, minus the tree ( I put one up at the studio, that does count right??) Anyway, we should be in our new place hopefully this week or next. I cannot WAIT TO GET OUT OF THIS APARTMENT. Did I say that loud enough?? Seriously....I CANNOT WAIT TO GET OUT OF THIS APARTMENT. As soon as we settle in, Im sure I will have pictures to share :)

Speaking of pictures. I promise to share some new ones soon. I have some awesome sessions scheduled this month, that I cant wait to share, not to mention a few from this past month that I have not shared yet..PLUS my last several weddings of the season. I JUST finished up this weekend (congrats to Staci and Santel!) I'm just about finished booking weddings for 09, I do have a few slots open. Tracy and I are still taking bookings for THE PHOTOBOOTH btw ;o) and I know there are some of you interested so dont forget to book!!

Ah, well, anyway...to all of you reading. Have a Happy New Year!! I leave you with a couple of snapshots of my dad who...well...provides a lot of much needed entertainment,LOL.

1 Comments:

Blogger PicturesByTracy said...

pocitinfAnother great post. Congrats on your 1st successful year in the studio! I'm so glad to have you as a friend, your such a great person. I love what you said about {life going so fast} You know it's funny.... when we were children a day seemed like a month, a minute like an hour. Personally, I think as adults life passes by so fast that we often forget to savor the small things. Man, that is something that I know we both need to work on. OK sorry for the rambling! Wishing to a Happy New Year. Cheers ~Tracy

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home