Saturday, May 01, 2010

Places my eyes like to land

Can we chat?? This is a Tara Whitney inspired blog. Awhile back Tara posted pics of some sweet spots in her house, and funny thing is, her style reminded me a little of my own, (although clearly not as awesome as Tara) so I decided to do my own. When the boys and I moved a year ago, we gained an extra room we didnt have before. I think besides gaining a garage, I was the most excited about this extra room. Finally a room I could claim for myself, a room with a front window view( I hadnt had a front window in....years, sounds weird I know), a room I could escape for a little quiet time. I dont really have a home office, the boys highjacked my desk a long time ago, so this is the room I work on my laptop, watch a little TV, drink tea and read...ok so I dont read much anymore, although I *am* actually trying to read a little bit of this book Change the World, by Michael Slaughter, everyday. (It is my goal to finish it before the kids graduate)

Another struggle I have had for the last year...ok mom, more than a year....is keeping my house as tidy as I would like. So, I practice denial, by strategically placing little gems around my sanctuary, so I can focus on those instead of reality :D .....It works, sometimes






















If you have followed my blog for awhile, you may have noticed that my lone vintage camera collection has grown to many.(this isnt even all of them :/) I think I may have a problem,lol. Some people call it hoarding, I try to call it decorating. Honestly I am not very good at decorating, I  have a mismatch style. I kind of like to think its what the inside of my brain must be like :P Eh...who cares, I like my "stuff"

Another perk to our new place, although I guess since we have been here a year its not new, is the gardening. Let me clarify....once upon a time, a cute little old lady lived here who had a green thumb, and she grew wonderfully beautiful things. Things that for some reason, keep coming up and growing, even though I have a history of killing plants just by breathing. But alas! I have flowers! AND I have a Peach Tree. A peach tree which just happens to be sick I think. Last year it only grew 3 blooms, one of which actually grew something baring a slight resemblance to a fruit. After some minor surgery last summer, resulting in a few less limbs (the tree not me ;)  this spring, the tree was FULL of big beautiful blooms. I dream at night of being Suzie Homemaker and having jars of yummy peach preserves. Uh, yeah who am I kidding. So I just want the tree to grow a peach. *A* PEACH, an actual edible peach. And then I can boast of being some super human being that GROWS things....besides mold. I am good at growing mold,lol.





















My tree is also resting place to many birds. The boys and I like to bird watch. Our favorites are the cardinals, but this guy caught my eye one day. I wish I had the camera around the day I looked out the window just in time to see a squirrel hanging for dear life from the bird feeder, desperately trying to feed himself, poor guy,lol.






















Anyway...theres a tiny glimpse into my world outside the studio walls. Till next time :)

1 Comments:

Blogger The Adams Family said...

oh sharon...i am obsessed with tara whitney's blog! becky earl's too! ha ha! love the post! can't wait for our shoot next friday!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home