Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pieces...








are what is left of the flowers a friend and his wife gave to me for the studio. Everyone else has been shooting macro lately, I figured I might as well join in the fun. My bio dad would have liked these probably. He was into flowers. Loved his garden a lot. Before he passed away, he was into taking a lot of pictures. I have stacks of pictures he took of the family farm, of butterflies, trees, of course his garden. Its funny that when I recall my much smaller years, I don't ever remember seeing him take pictures. I think my love of pictures first came from my mother, as she has always always over-decorated our homes with countless family photos. We used to tease her about running out of wall space,lol. She finally just took down the hideous Olan Mills portrait of my sister and I, our hair looking as if it had wings and we could fly. ...it was the 80s, cut me a break! Thank GOD she took down the collage that had me sporting my first training bra. And we wonder why I have issues?? Anyway...I didn't see much of my bio dad past the age of 9. Many things prevented that. I wish I had been there to see him taking all of the stacks of pictures I now own. Its one of the small things I have left of him. Most treasured would be the pictures of him young and looking HAPPY. So..I guess these flowers are in essence like my memories of my father, bits and pieces. Even after all this time, I wish I could hear him laugh. He had a good laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home