Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Another cute little family...











I think every family at some point in time needs to do a photo session...and I don't mean a sit-down pose nicely and smile kind of photo session...but more of a "life session" I guess. I guess I think that way because we never really did anything like that when I was growing up. We certainly never had our pictures taken as a family when my parents were married and when my mom married my step-dad, it would have been just WAY too complicated for a family photo,LOL. I love to do these type of photo sessions because when I think back to the pictures I like to look at of us as a family , they are not the sit-down posed smile type of pics, but the pictures of us interacting with each other, the snapshots of us camping, fishing, etc. What did my mom look like hugging me, what was older sister like with me, did we laugh together....believe it or not, you forget these things over time, little by little. There is a certain comfort being able to go back and look at photographs to see those things, to say yes, we existed as a family, we played together, we laughed together. Eventually kids grow up, they go off to college, as with the oldest son here, they will some day marry and have children and families of their own.

I was honored to be able to hang with this family for an evening. They are so loving towards each other, and were open with me in sharing it. So to all the families out there, I challenge you...get some family photos done...and don't worry about looking silly, or being posed perfectly, or smiling great....look at each other and smile, laugh, hug each other, have a good time..those are the things you will want to remember years from now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home