Tuesday, October 14, 2008

TWELVE???






so I guess I am the mother of a tween...a 12 yr old, a big kid. Big he definitely is....he is creeping up on me, just about a half inch shorter. We went on a "date" tonight for his birthday. He wanted Coldwater, so Coldwater it was :) Really, he's such a good kid. I mean, he certainly has his moments, and usually it's when he and his brother are together, but all that sibling stuff aside, he's great to hang out with. He's funny, and incredibly smart. Christina said he's an old man trapped in a kids body, and its funny that she says that because I have always sort of felt that way about him. Even when he was a baby, sometimes he would give me this look, like if he could REALLY tell me what he was thinking, it would be a comment on the weather, or who I should vote for president,lol. This is a kid that gets up at 5am every morning, makes himself coffee, watches the news, and makes sure mom gets up before 7 :D We had a great time at dinner, joked around laughed. It was really nice. But part of me is sad, because I know he's growing up .. Thats ok, before dinner we were hanging out on the couch, and just like old times he was laying on my lap. He doesnt do that often anymore, he prefers to not have close contact with anyone actually,lol,Jacob has always been the snuggler... but today he let me have a little bit of him. The first pic of him there was from 2003. *sigh* Happy Birthday Adam!

2 Comments:

Blogger HellOnHighHeels said...

Awww...I can remember when he was in your belly. ;) I can't believe he's already 12! He's so handsome.

12:39 PM  
Blogger amy said...

It'll be my turn in to have a 12 year old in just a few months. He's one lucky boy to have a cool momma like you!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home